Targovax is currently seeking an experienced scientist with elaborate experience with adenoviral vectors to join the R&D Department of Targovax, to assist in the development of the company’s preclinical research programs on future anti-cancer therapies. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, exciting, and challenging environment in-between academia and industry.
Your primary responsibilities will involve:
- Leading and designing the construction of 2nd generation oncolytic adenoviral vectors
- Supervise and oversee experiments on transgene insertion and modification of adenoviruses.
- Characterization of adenoviral performance from a gene expression, onco-lytic and immune-stimulatory point of view.
You are a trained scientist with a scientific mindset and experience with independent research. You are a service-minded team-player passionate about the development of cancer therapeutics, and fluent in oral and written English. The ideal candidate should also have the following expertise:
- At least 3 years’ experience with adenoviral manipulation and research
- Experience with research-grade adenoviral production, characterization and testing
- Written and oral dissemination of scientific data
In addition, experience with the following is preferred:
- In vivo mouse models
- RNA and DNA sequencing
- Data analysis and statistics
It is important that you work independently and responsibly. Moreover, you will interact with colleagues of many different nationalities, so good communication skills are essential.
We can offer varied and exciting work in an innovative and dynamic biotech company. We promise you will develop professionally with challenging tasks in a growing company, as you participate in the development of novel cancer treatments. If you are not already familiar with the biotech industry, we can guarantee a steep learning curve while you experience an informal and supportive company culture.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. For additional information please contact Renate Birkeli via e-mail as above or phone: +47 92261624. All applications will be treated confidentially.