Targovax is a clinical stage immuno-oncology company developing targeted immunotherapy treatments for cancer patients. Targovax has a broad and diversified immune therapy portfolio and aim to become a leader in its area. The Company is currently developing two highly targeted technologies in immuno-oncology.
The Company’s vision is to "arm patient’s immune system to fight cancer" by extending and transforming the lives of cancer patients with first-in-class specific therapeutic cancer vaccines. The Group’s pipeline includes a number of product candidates aimed at different cancer types like melanoma, mesothelioma, pancreas, colorectal and ovarian cancer.
Each vaccine is designed to harness the patient’s own immune system to fight the cancer while also delivering a favorable safety and tolerability profile.
The fundamental objective of the Company is to position Targovax as an emerging leader in the immuno-oncology field, committed to innovation and to providing new options for difficult to treat patients. The strategy is to:
- apply its two proprietary immunotherapeutic technologies in multiple cancer indications where there exists a significant unmet medical need
- prioritize its pipeline candidates based on the emerging preclinical and clinical data
- develop the most promising product candidates, both through its own clinical trials and through collaborations
- more specifically evaluate the combination of its product candidates and checkpoint inhibitors (CPIs)
- optimize the Group’s manufacturing capabilities to ensure later stage clinical trials and commercial supply
- expand its intellectual property profile and
- retain the option to bring products to market directly, particularly in orphan indications, and to opportunistically explore partnerships with pharmaceutical companies